The Statewide Family and Consumer Networks Technical Assistance Center (FCN TA Center), operated by Policy Research Associates since 2009, is very excited to welcome and begin supporting 11 new Statewide Consumer Network grantees (2012 cohort below).
These grants, providing funding up to $70,000 a year for three years, help existing statewide consumer networks strengthen coalitions among consumers, peers, policymakers and service providers.
These organizations, which are consumer operated, foster peer support groups and offer training for peer support leaders and the broader behavioral health community. Additionally these organizations provide advocacy and wellness supports for specific populations in need such as older adults, people in the criminal justice system and veterans in a trauma-informed, recovery-focused way.
The FCN TA Center supports these organizations, along with the existing 19 SCNs, using a wide range of technical assistance approaches (webinars, discussion groups, written resources, one-on-one consulting) to strengthen the networks by meeting the specific needs of grantees in numerous critical areas including data reporting, network enhancement, organizational leadership building and development.
The FCN TA Center:
- Hosts a learning community among Statewide Family and Consumer Networks and other stakeholders that fosters an environment of change and service system transformation by promotion of recovery-driven, consumer/family-centered, culturally competent, and results-oriented activities.
- Works to create innovative solutions to assist with the development and successful implementation of Statewide Family and Consumer Network strategic plans.
- Uses existing knowledge and information and disseminates this information to the national community of Statewide Family and Consumer Networks, service providers, policymakers, and researchers.
2012 Statewide Consumer Network Grantees
- SC SHARE – West Columbus, S.C.
- Advocacy Unlimited, Inc. – Wethersfield, Conn.
- Mental Health Empowerment Project – Albany, N.Y.
- Wings Across Alabama – Montgomery, Ala.
- South Dakota United for Hope & Recovery – Rapid City, S.D.
- Alaska Peer Support Consortium – Anchorage, Alaska
- Amistad, Inc. – Portland, Maine
- NAMI Texas – Austin, Texas
- Fresh Start of Miami-Dade – Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Kansas Consumer Advisory Council for Adults – Wichita, Kan.
- Grassroots Empowerment Project, Inc. – Madison, Wis.