Policy Research Associates, Inc. was founded in 1987 with the stated mission of “Creating positive social change for people and communities through technical assistance, research, and training.”
We began with one research project, and since then have grown in size and project diversity while maintaining our expertise in technical assistance, research, and behavioral health. PRA is composed of approximately 60 talented employees, dedicated to bettering the lives of underserved populations.
We have a reputation for delivering top-notch research and impeccable customer service on time and on budget. This, combined with our decades-long history of building successful partnerships and delivering strong outcomes, has brought us national and international recognition.
PRA is committed to ensuring equity and respect for all persons, eliminating discrimination in all forms, and creating a work environment that is inclusive of all cultures, viewpoints, and experiences. PRA’s leadership recognizes the value in employing and partnering with people who represent the communities in which we seek to affect positive social change. In order to advance our mission, the perspectives and voices of all people must be valued and heard. PRA leadership has set this as a top priority and therefore engages in honest and ongoing conversations to continually assess diversity, inclusion, and belonging at PRA. We strive to create a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to PRA’s success.
We are committed to giving back to our local community and have developed a number of long-standing charitable giving campaigns and volunteer projects. Whether it be serving breakfast at our local homeless shelter or competing in a company-wide fundraising challenge, each staff member plays a part in serving our neighbors in need.
PRA is organized into the following topical areas:
- Service Members, Veterans, and their Families, which centers around supporting the recovery, resilience, and wellness of service members, Veterans, and their families
- Housing and Income Supports, which focuses on increasing benefit access to individuals with disabilities who have a mental illness, substance use disorder, or medical impairment
- Criminal Justice, which focuses on cross-system responses to justice-involved individuals with behavioral health issues, including histories of trauma
- Research and Evaluation, which conducts program assessments, evaluation studies, performance measurements, and data analysis on issues related to our areas of topical expertise
- Administration, which houses contract management, accounting, human resources, information technology, and communications teams, and provides logistical and administrative support to all areas