Photo: Clasped Hands by Rhoda Baer for NCI/NIH – Public Domain image
The Statewide Family and Consumer Networks Technical Assistance Center (FCN TA Center), operated by Policy Research Associates since 2009, is very excited to welcome and begin supporting 29 new Statewide Family Network and 15 Consumer Network Grantees (2013 cohorts below).
These grants, providing funding up to $70,000 a year for three years, help existing Statewide Family and Consumer Networks strengthen coalitions among consumers, families, policymakers and service providers.
The organizations, which are all family or consumer operated, foster support groups and offer training for leaders and the broader behavioral health community. Additionally, these organizations provide advocacy and wellness supports for specific populations in need such as parents, children, young adults, older adults, people in the criminal justice system and veterans and their families.
The FCN TA Center supports these organizations using a wide range of technical assistance approaches (webinars, discussion groups, written resources, one-on-one consulting) to strengthen the Networks by meeting the specific needs of grantees in numerous critical areas including data reporting, network enhancement, organizational leadership building and development.
The FCN TA Center:
- Hosts a learning community among Statewide Family and Consumer Networks and other stakeholders that fosters an environment of change and service system transformation by promotion of recovery-driven, consumer/family-centered, culturally competent, and results-oriented activities.
- Works to create innovative solutions to assist with the development and successful implementation of Statewide Family and Consumer Network strategic plans.
- Uses existing knowledge and information and disseminates this information to the national community of Statewide Family and Consumer Networks, service providers, policymakers, and researchers.
2013 Statewide Family Network Grantees
- United Advocates for Children of California
- Federation of Families for Children’s MH – CO
- NAMI Connecticut
- The Family Cafe
- Georgia Parent Support Network
- Idaho Federation of Families
- Indiana Federation of Families for Children’s MH
- Maine Parent Federation
- Maryland Coalition of Families for Children’s MH
- Parent/Professional Advocacy League
- Association for Children’s MH
- Minnesota Association for Children’s MH
- Mississippi Families as Allies
- Nebraska Federation of Families for Children’s MH
- Nevada P.E.P. (Parents Encouraging Parents)
- Granite State Federation of Families for Children’s MH
- Mercer Co. Family Support Organization
- Families Together in New York State
- North Carolina Families United, NFFCMH, Inc.
- Parent Support Network of Rhode Island
- Federation of Families for South Carolina
- Texas Federation of Families for Children’s MH
- Allies with Families
- Vermont Federation of Families for Children’s MH
- NAMI Virginia
- Wisconsin Family Ties, Inc.
2013 Statewide Consumer Network Grantees
- Georgia Mental Health Consumers Network
- On Our Own of Maryland
- Recovery Institute of Southwest Michigan
- Mental Health Consumer Survivor Network of Minnesota
- NAMI Missouri
- Ohio Empowerment Coalition, Inc.
- Mental Health Association of Oregon
- Mental Health Association of San Francisco
- Iowa Advocates for Mental Health Recovery
- Mental Health Association of South Mississippi
- Montana’s Peer Network
- Mental Health America of North Dakota
- Empowerment Services – Salt Lake City, UT
- Ida Mae Campbell Wellness & Resource Center – DC