The December 2019 edition of the Policy Research Associates Inc.’s monthly newsletter included announcements, publications, and the latest posts from the PRA blog.
This newsletter contains the following headlines:
- PRA 2019 Year in Review
- PRA Is SOARing Across New York State
- Open Solicitations from PRA’s Projects
- Recent Stories from the PRA Blog
As PRA prepares for a new year of creating positive social change, we would like to reflect on all that we have accomplished in 2019. Let’s take a look at the numbers:
- 1: We developed a new Competence to Stand Trial (CST) flowchart.
- 64: We have 64 staff members working across 11 states.
- 100: SAMHSA’s GAINS Center convened a joint Policy Academy with the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation in support of the Foundation’s Safety and Justice Challenge. The Policy Academy had over 100 participants across 6 states and 12 jurisdictions.
- 310: In 2019, we traveled over 310 times in 2019 to 43 states and the District of Columbia to conduct site visits, provide trainings, and host meetings.
Want to learn more about our year in review? Visit our Year in Review webpage to see our area highlights, big news, and what we have on the horizon in 2020!
Policy Research has been SOARing across New York State! In early 2019, the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) awarded PRA a contract to conduct technical assistance site visits across the state of New York to expand, support, and build capacity for SOAR. PRA’s technical assistance visits convened stakeholders to create local action plans and determine the next steps for SOAR in their communities, brought together SOAR-trained caseworkers to review the SOAR process, and offered opportunities to present at regional conferences addressing homelessness.
This resource was first shared in 2019.